Project Server Configuration & Implementation
The FastTrack package is designed for a single constituency wanting an expedited and cost-effective implementation of Microsoft Project Server. This solution is ideal for a small or medium size company or a single division of a larger organization. The program begins with a Six Sigma based requirements definition process and then moves into a pre‐integrated delivery of design, configuration, data importation, testing, and training services. The Occam Group has executed FastTrack Packages in as few as 13 calendar days.
Key Elements of FastTrack
A FastTrack Means Quicker Return: The Return On Investment for an Enterprise Project Management (EPM) package is typically quite attractive. However, no benefit can be accrued while the system remains in the box, or worse yet, bogged down in a conventional deployment. The sooner the EPM environment is established the sooner the other projects in the organization can start to benefit.
Avoid the Frustration: EPM implementations are complex and require a high level of skill in both the EPM Platform and the Project Management process. Most organizations lack this combined skill inventory internally and find that when they undertake this effort without experienced assistance they expend significant time and money on a system that is poorly defined, poorly designed, mis-configured, and often never makes it out of pilot.
Avoid the Fluff: Unfortunately, the traditional consulting engagement is often not helpful or spends valuable time and money on lofty “vision” or “strategy” documents that never translate into system performance. The FastTrack helps you avoid both the frustration and the fluff by providing a fixed set of targeted deliverables that get you through the most difficult steps as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
Depending on the size and scope of the engagement this program will cost from $45,000 to $90,000.
This program can be completed in as little as three weeks providing the availability of key personnel, equipment, and software.
- Facilitated Development of Business Requirements and EPM Metrics
- Facilitated Development of the “Problem & Opportunity Statement”
- Facilitated Development of Functional Requirements for each user group
- Facilitated “Evaluatory Prototype” with key stakeholder communities
- Development of Technical Architecture and Integrations Requirements
- Installation and Configuration of The Project Server Development & Prototyping of Project Pro configuration
- Development & Prototyping of Project Security configuration
- Development & Prototyping of SharePoint Team Services
- Development & Prototyping of Database Architecture
- Development & Prototyping of Skills Based Enterprise Resource Pool
- Development & Prototyping of Resource Breakdown Structure (RBS)
- Development & Prototyping of OLAP Cube for Custom Reporting
- Development & Prototyping of Custom “Project Center”
- Development & Prototyping of Required Enterprise Outline Codes and Text Fields
- Project Pro Training and/or Mentoring Services
- Technical Training for Internal IT Support
- Technical Training for Project Server Administrators
- Comprehensive System Documentation